While planning the little details of your wedding day can be stressful, preparing for your makeup trial shouldn’t be one of them. The Beauty with Julie girls are offering our tips on how to get the most out of your wedding makeup!
Preparing for your Makeup Trial:
- Buy your dress! Your dress will affect the way your makeup looks, so it’s better to have a clear vision of what you’ll want to look like on your big day.
- Schedule your makeup trial in advance! We suggest making your appointment at least 2 months prior to your wedding date, allowing you to purchase products you may need for touch ups and schedule another appointment if necessary.
- Have an idea of what kind of look you want (including inspirational pictures) Knowing the type of look you would like for your wedding day, as well as anything you would like to avoid will help ensure your trial goes as smooth as possible. Your inspirational photos and ideas tell us where your comfort level is regarding coverage, darkness, and brightness. We suggest creating a Pinterest board dedicated to bridal makeup and hair.
- Bare Face! Show up to your bridal trial makeup free so we know what your concerns are.
- Pamper your skin! Start a good skincare regimen, which might include monthly peels or facials. If you have concerns–acne, bacne, rosacea, etc–consult with your esthetician to figure out the best treatment plan. Beautiful makeup begins with beautiful skin!
- Wear White or Ivory! This will give you a good indicator of what your makeup will look like against the color of your dress. .
- Take lots of pictures! Snap pictures in different elements of lighting with different cameras to make sure your foundation matches and your look is exactly what you want.
- Keep in contact with your makeup artist! Let us know how your makeup wore and ask any questions or concerns you may have.
Preparing for your Wedding Day:
Here’s a handy wedding-beauty timeline that’ll help you plan out which beautifying actions to take when.
- Buy any products you need! It’s a good idea to buy the lip color or powder your makeup artist uses for touch ups.
- Proper skin care! Your makeup will go on much smoother with healthy, smooth skin. Remember to properly cleanse, exfoliate, tone, and moisturize the morning of your wedding. This includes your lips too!
- Brows Get your brows professionally shaped–you can do this as close as two days before, but avoid doing it the night before because there’s always potential for redness.
- Spray Tan Plan Execute your pre-tested spray-tan plan. Don’t spray tan the morning of because most involve bronzer that can rub off on your dress.
- Get your mani-pedi; you’re not going to be patient enough to sit and let polish properly dry on your wedding morning!
- One Week Before Do a deep-conditioning treatment for softer, shinier hair, or do a salon gloss.
- One Week Before Get a professional teeth whitening kit. This shouldn’t be done any closer in case you experience sensitivity. We highly recommend Whitening Lightening Dial A Smile Teeth Whitening Kit
Happy Wedding Planning! Xo