It’s back!! We bring to you our second series of our beauty must-haves. As 2015 comes to a close, we would like to thank all of our wonderful clients we have met and the relationships we continue to build with our beautiful brides! The Beauty with Julie gals have many new and exciting adventures coming up in our 2016 Wedding Glam Season. But first, we must reflect back to 2015, and what better way then sharing our favorite beauty products and must-haves of the year?! These products are based upon our experience, as well as the top picks of our 2015 brides! We would also love to hear your feedback from these tried and true beauty favorites or any others we do not have listed here! Thank you again for your support, see you next year beauties! Xo
- Dermablend Liquid Camo Foundation $35 at your local ULTA Beauty– A medium to full coverage foundation that has a 16 hour staying power. This blendable formula evens skin tone, minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and instantly camouflages imperfections. Ideal for all skin types.
- LA Girl HD ProConceal $2.99 – Comparable to MAC’s pro longwear concealer, this High Definition concealer is crease-resistant and has opaque coverage in a creamy yet lightweight texture. The long-wearing formula camouflages darkness under the eyes, redness and skin imperfections. One of the staples in our makeup kit!
- Temptu Concealer Wheel $26 – Weightless yet full coverage concealer wheel lets you mix and match to your perfect shade.
- Temptu Airbrush Systems $170-305– Our preferred airbrush system, Flawless customizable coverage = a must have for our brides and bridal parties!
- Morphe Brushes Black Gel Liner $8.99– Water-resistant, creamy, dark black liner to define eyes. One of the best on the market!
- Morphe Brushes 35N Matte Eyeshadow Palette $40– Our go-to palette for our bridal parties due its it’s purely matte finish and variety of colors perfect for both evening and day wear. These eye shadows are highly pigmented and a little goes a long way. Super soft and easy to blend.
- Laura Mercier Radiance Primer $20-34– Creates a soft focus effect for a healthy, bridal glow.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal $38– A creamy golden opal pearl powder highlighter that absorbs and reflects light for the ultimate natural glow.
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun $32– Baked natural bronzer with a satin dimensional finish. Another one of our staples!
- Jane Iredale PurePressed Blush in Mocha $27– Formulated with minerals and antioxidants, mocha gives you a lit from within natural flush of color.
- MAC Powder Blush in Gingerly $22– Beautiful capri bronze blush that provides fantastic colour with ease and consistency.
- Colourpop Lippie Stix $5– These are our go-to lipsticks because they’re creamy, long lasting, affordable, and come in a variety of colors and finishes. Grab yours today, we promise you will be hooked!
- Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream $62– A medium-weight moisturizer to balance combo-dry skin, Skin Smoothing Cream smooths fine lines and promotes elasticity, shields against dehydration and pollution, and contains antioxidants to help fight skin-aging free radicals. Great for prepping skin before your special day!
- Dermalogica Precleanse $38– A cleansing oil to rid your skin of makeup and pollutants before you cleanse with your regular cleanser. We don’t go a day without it!
- Elf Cosmetics Makeup Brushes $1-6– Great quality for their affordability, soft, durable brushes. Buff, sculpt, and set with Elf Cosmetics brushes designed for precise pick up, strategic application, and flawless coverage.
- Wet n Wild MegaLast Lipsticks $1.99– Creamy, long lasting, pigmented lipsticks. Glides on easily with rich velvety color, made with hydrating skincare ingredients, and offers cushion like feel and texture. And the price is unbeatable!
Beauty with Julie Xo
Large pores are a consistent skin concern for individuals of all ethnicity’s and skin types. Oily skin types and mature skin with large follicles are more prone to enlarged pores which in turn can create clogging and a build up of cells. We’re constantly hearing our brides say “My pores are huge!” So, you ask, what is the solution?! We know you will want your skin to look extra perfect for your wedding day so luckily, the Beauty with Julie girls have put together 4 pore refining primers to help minimize the look of pores.
- Dr. Brandt’s pores no more-pore refiner primer: An effective primer that instantly mattifies shine and minimizes pores. A cult favorite, this is Dr. Brandt’s quick fix for flawless, photo-ready skin at any age and during any season. A combination of treatment and cosmetic properties, this miracle base creates the perfect canvas for your makeup application. This velvety primer absorbs excess oil, blurs fine lines and imperfections, and is resistant to sweat and humidity.
- Benefit’s The POREfessional: This very popular primer helps makeup stay put as well as minimizing pores. Perfect for for those “no-makeup” days because it can even be worn on its own! Its translucent/nude color easily blends onto the skin.
- Maybelline’s Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser: This is a drugstore steal! At only $6.99 it helps foundation smooth right over pores, not in them. It has a silicone consistency so it’s silky to the touch. This primer is clear and can be worn on its own or under makeup
- Tarte’s Clean Slate Poreless 12-hr Perfecting Primer: This waterproof, pore-perfecting primer consists of avocado oil which helps refine skin. Apply before underneath makeup for flawless bridal perfection.
Here’s our top 3 products that the Beauty with Julie girls have in their makeup kits!
A concealer wheel/palette: We are always reaching for these from our kits because they’re so versatile. We use this to cover any late-night circles or acne scars. They have a variety of shades that can be combined so every skin tone is covered! The TEMPTU Concealer Wheel produces high coverage, but can also be sheered out!
Black Gel Eyeliner:
We exclusively use waterproof eyeliner–we know there will be many tearful moments on your special day! We prefer a gel consistency because it is the easiest to work with and very black. We will use this to define the eye and make the lash line appear fuller. The NYX Gel Liner & Smudger is super creamy and lasts all through the night!
Highlighter: The Beauty with Julie gals love a good highlight on the top of the cheekbones! Our brides yearn for a blushing bridal glow, which a highlighter can give you that glow that will look great in photos. Becca Cosmetics Moonstone Shimmering Skin Perfector is a creamy powder luminizer that absorbs and reflects light for a superb natural glow! *Tip and Trick: For fuller-looking lips, follow lip gloss or lipstick with a dab of Shimmering Skin Perfector to the center of your lower lip.
As wedding season has hit full speed our brides often ask us, “what should I have with me on my wedding day for touch ups?” Well, Beauty with Julie is here to save the day! We offer our brides an exclusive bridal touch-up kit included in your bridal party package. We understand there will be those precious tearful moments, lots of smooches, and possible cake face smashing where you will want to take a minute or two to freshen up your beautiful face. Cameras will be flashing throughout the night, so you’ll want to look and feel your best right up until the moment you and your groom make your exit. And remember to put one of your girls in charge of keeping it handy throughout the day! Atlas, here is a look inside the Beauty with Julie Bridal Make-up Touch Up Kit…Xo
Blotting Papers : Blot away excess shine without disturbing your beautiful make-up
Tissues & Q-tips : Tissues are for tears and lipstick on your teeth. Stay flawless by cleaning around the eye area – blending eye liner/eye shadow
Make-up Wedge : Use this to blend, or apply powder foundation
Covergirl Ready, Set Gorgeous Powder Foundation: Use Cover Girl’s Ready, Set Gorgeous foundation which provides a flawless, natural look that lasts all day. Shine free, oil free & won’t clog pores
Maybelline Baby Lip’s Lip Balm : Kiss your groom with baby soft lips, pucker up!
We are so excited to share our awesome experience at the TEMPTU Master Make-up Artistry Class specializing in Tattoo Coverage! Just wait until you see these before and after pictures! We spent the day learning about the TEMPTU DURA Airbrush system which was developed for Pros working in bridal, editorial and runway artistry. At our class, we focused on the Tattoo Coverage Kit which combines TEMPTU’s 3 signature steps for flawless body coverage: Correct, Conceal and Complete! Dura is an alcohol-based formula and an instant industry favorite for body art, prosthetics, tattoo coloring, and special effects. It dries on impact, is completely waterproof and can last for days with proper care.
We are also extremely excited to announce that Beauty with Julie will now specialize in tattoo coverage for our brides! We require a consultation beforehand to become familiar with the tattoo we will be covering. Extra time will be allotted for on the day of your special day, depending on the size and coloring of the tattoo. For further details and pricing please contact Julie!
A huge thank you to our wonderful instructor Diana Racht, Senior Make-up Artist of Austin’s School of Spa Technology, and our patient tattoo model!
On 10.11.14 an English Groom (Simon) married his beautiful American Bride (Emily) at the historic Hancock Shaker Village located in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. I have so enjoyed working with Emily since April of 2014. For her special day, Emily decided on a natural eye with a hint of gray smoke to bring out her striking brown eyes, airbrush make-up, and eyelashes! I also had the pleasure of glamming for her sister/maid of honor and best friend, who were also apart of Emily’s bridal party. Hair was done by the talented ladies of Sei Bella Salon of Chatham, New York. Emily’s wedding style exudes pure rustic elegance which compliments their colorful Autumn day! Now for the images…can we say Amazing?! I am beyond impressed with the talent of Sheri Angeles of Swanky Fine Art Weddings based in Southern California! Be sure to visit their page to see a glimpse of their incredible work! Thank you Emily and Simon, I’m so thankful you chose Beauty with Julie to witness the start of something so beautiful!
A Note From Emily –
“Julie did such an amazing job on my wedding day makeup. She understood exactly what I wanted. When I was hesitant to use the airbrushing from a previously bad experience, I trusted that Julie understood my skin complexion and it looked perfect! The false eyelashes I had looked very real and natural- not too over the top. We had such a fun time getting ready with Julie and I highly recommend her to any brides and wedding party members.”
View more photos from Emily and Simon’s special day by Swanky Fine Arts Weddings here.