It’s back!! We bring to you our second series of our beauty must-haves. As 2015 comes to a close, we would like to thank all of our wonderful clients we have met and the relationships we continue to build with our beautiful brides! The Beauty with Julie gals have many new and exciting adventures coming up in our 2016 Wedding Glam Season. But first, we must reflect back to 2015, and what better way then sharing our favorite beauty products and must-haves of the year?! These products are based upon our experience, as well as the top picks of our 2015 brides! We would also love to hear your feedback from these tried and true beauty favorites or any others we do not have listed here! Thank you again for your support, see you next year beauties! Xo
- Dermablend Liquid Camo Foundation $35 at your local ULTA Beauty– A medium to full coverage foundation that has a 16 hour staying power. This blendable formula evens skin tone, minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and instantly camouflages imperfections. Ideal for all skin types.
- LA Girl HD ProConceal $2.99 – Comparable to MAC’s pro longwear concealer, this High Definition concealer is crease-resistant and has opaque coverage in a creamy yet lightweight texture. The long-wearing formula camouflages darkness under the eyes, redness and skin imperfections. One of the staples in our makeup kit!
- Temptu Concealer Wheel $26 – Weightless yet full coverage concealer wheel lets you mix and match to your perfect shade.
- Temptu Airbrush Systems $170-305– Our preferred airbrush system, Flawless customizable coverage = a must have for our brides and bridal parties!
- Morphe Brushes Black Gel Liner $8.99– Water-resistant, creamy, dark black liner to define eyes. One of the best on the market!
- Morphe Brushes 35N Matte Eyeshadow Palette $40– Our go-to palette for our bridal parties due its it’s purely matte finish and variety of colors perfect for both evening and day wear. These eye shadows are highly pigmented and a little goes a long way. Super soft and easy to blend.
- Laura Mercier Radiance Primer $20-34– Creates a soft focus effect for a healthy, bridal glow.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal $38– A creamy golden opal pearl powder highlighter that absorbs and reflects light for the ultimate natural glow.
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun $32– Baked natural bronzer with a satin dimensional finish. Another one of our staples!
- Jane Iredale PurePressed Blush in Mocha $27– Formulated with minerals and antioxidants, mocha gives you a lit from within natural flush of color.
- MAC Powder Blush in Gingerly $22– Beautiful capri bronze blush that provides fantastic colour with ease and consistency.
- Colourpop Lippie Stix $5– These are our go-to lipsticks because they’re creamy, long lasting, affordable, and come in a variety of colors and finishes. Grab yours today, we promise you will be hooked!
- Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream $62– A medium-weight moisturizer to balance combo-dry skin, Skin Smoothing Cream smooths fine lines and promotes elasticity, shields against dehydration and pollution, and contains antioxidants to help fight skin-aging free radicals. Great for prepping skin before your special day!
- Dermalogica Precleanse $38– A cleansing oil to rid your skin of makeup and pollutants before you cleanse with your regular cleanser. We don’t go a day without it!
- Elf Cosmetics Makeup Brushes $1-6– Great quality for their affordability, soft, durable brushes. Buff, sculpt, and set with Elf Cosmetics brushes designed for precise pick up, strategic application, and flawless coverage.
- Wet n Wild MegaLast Lipsticks $1.99– Creamy, long lasting, pigmented lipsticks. Glides on easily with rich velvety color, made with hydrating skincare ingredients, and offers cushion like feel and texture. And the price is unbeatable!
Beauty with Julie Xo
Claims: “A 15-hour, flawless foundation that stays looking fresh and natural through heat, humidity, and nonstop activity.”
Coverage: Medium to Full
Pros: When they say 15-hour, they mean 15 hour! Super long lasting, lightweight, oil-free, oil-control, buildable. This comes in a variety of cool, neutral, and warm shades so no worries on finding your match. Double wear is a very pigmented foundation, therefore it does not give off the “no-makeup”makeup look. A transfer resistant foundation, this stuff is bulletproof and stays put on under your bronzer/blush/highlighter.
Cons: Although it claims it is fragrance-free, we smell a pleasant perfume scent, so sensitive skinned girls beware. Its SPF 10 may unfortunately flashback in photos. In addition, this foundation can get patchy on drier skin types so be sure to exfoliate, moisturize, and prime accordingly. No pump + glass bottle= not travel friendly.
Details: Dries quickly so you’ll need to work fast. Will get cakey if you apply too much. Most of you will only need one layer so start due to its buildable coverage. It can be difficult to remove so try an oil-based makeup remover. Double Wear can be found at any Sephora or Estee Lauder counter.
Overall: We recommend Double Wear Foundation for combination/oily skin types because the oil-control is great! Great in humidity and sweat. Although it is a bit pricey, this will last you forever because you don’t need to use as much product with higher pigmented foundations. A must have for summer!
Large pores are a consistent skin concern for individuals of all ethnicity’s and skin types. Oily skin types and mature skin with large follicles are more prone to enlarged pores which in turn can create clogging and a build up of cells. We’re constantly hearing our brides say “My pores are huge!” So, you ask, what is the solution?! We know you will want your skin to look extra perfect for your wedding day so luckily, the Beauty with Julie girls have put together 4 pore refining primers to help minimize the look of pores.
- Dr. Brandt’s pores no more-pore refiner primer: An effective primer that instantly mattifies shine and minimizes pores. A cult favorite, this is Dr. Brandt’s quick fix for flawless, photo-ready skin at any age and during any season. A combination of treatment and cosmetic properties, this miracle base creates the perfect canvas for your makeup application. This velvety primer absorbs excess oil, blurs fine lines and imperfections, and is resistant to sweat and humidity.
- Benefit’s The POREfessional: This very popular primer helps makeup stay put as well as minimizing pores. Perfect for for those “no-makeup” days because it can even be worn on its own! Its translucent/nude color easily blends onto the skin.
- Maybelline’s Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser: This is a drugstore steal! At only $6.99 it helps foundation smooth right over pores, not in them. It has a silicone consistency so it’s silky to the touch. This primer is clear and can be worn on its own or under makeup
- Tarte’s Clean Slate Poreless 12-hr Perfecting Primer: This waterproof, pore-perfecting primer consists of avocado oil which helps refine skin. Apply before underneath makeup for flawless bridal perfection.
Worried you’ll ruin your makeup from all the teary-eyed moments on your wedding day? The Beauty with Julie girls have put together some products for staying smudge-proof on your special day!
Makeup Forever has its own Aqua line which features an array of waterproof products:
- Aqua Cream Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow– With an eyeshadow primer underneath, use this for your base with another eyeshadow on top and your eye makeup is completely cry-proof!
- Aqua Creamliner Waterproof Cream Eyeliner– We prefer cream or gel liners because they’re easier to work with. Available in many different shades so maybe you’ll dare to wear turquoise eyeliner knowing it wont move!
- Aqua Lip Waterproof Lip Liner Pencil– Perfect your pout by lining the lips and filling them in. Kiss your hubby all night assured your lip color will stay put!
- Aqua Smokey Extravagant Waterproof Mascara– This is a must have! Lashes stay full yet defined and won’t run down your face when you say your I’Dos!
Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer– Yes, we know it is appropriate to wear waterproof eye makeup for our special day, but what do we use for the under eye area? This creamy, color correcting concealer will banish those dark circles and stay crease free all night long!
Revlon Colorstay Foundation– Although it is not advertised as a waterproof foundation, we’ve worn this in a pool and it didn’t budge! Just be sure to apply it in thin layers since it is a thicker, more pigmented formula. There are an array of shades for every skin tone and it even caters to normal/dry and combo/oily skins types.
Hope this helps you gorgeous ladies stay streak free on your wedding day! Xo
Beauty with Julie attended Bridal Wars this past December of 2014 and we had a BLAST!!! Hosted by Events with Style, Bridal Wars is a chance for brides to be and their friends/family to team up and compete in vendor challenges to score items for your wedding day!! This is an event we have grown to really love! Our vendor challenge “Powder Puff” focused on using beauty products in the midst of agility football drills. Needless to say, the girls gave it their all as they crossed the finish line! Thank you to everyone who participated in our Powder Puff challenge!!
We are so excited for the next upcoming Bridal Wars on April 17, 2015! We have a new challenge in store for you beauty’s! Register here today.
On 10.11.14 an English Groom (Simon) married his beautiful American Bride (Emily) at the historic Hancock Shaker Village located in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. I have so enjoyed working with Emily since April of 2014. For her special day, Emily decided on a natural eye with a hint of gray smoke to bring out her striking brown eyes, airbrush make-up, and eyelashes! I also had the pleasure of glamming for her sister/maid of honor and best friend, who were also apart of Emily’s bridal party. Hair was done by the talented ladies of Sei Bella Salon of Chatham, New York. Emily’s wedding style exudes pure rustic elegance which compliments their colorful Autumn day! Now for the images…can we say Amazing?! I am beyond impressed with the talent of Sheri Angeles of Swanky Fine Art Weddings based in Southern California! Be sure to visit their page to see a glimpse of their incredible work! Thank you Emily and Simon, I’m so thankful you chose Beauty with Julie to witness the start of something so beautiful!
A Note From Emily –
“Julie did such an amazing job on my wedding day makeup. She understood exactly what I wanted. When I was hesitant to use the airbrushing from a previously bad experience, I trusted that Julie understood my skin complexion and it looked perfect! The false eyelashes I had looked very real and natural- not too over the top. We had such a fun time getting ready with Julie and I highly recommend her to any brides and wedding party members.”
View more photos from Emily and Simon’s special day by Swanky Fine Arts Weddings here.