Claims: “A 15-hour, flawless foundation that stays looking fresh and natural through heat, humidity, and nonstop activity.”
Coverage: Medium to Full
Pros: When they say 15-hour, they mean 15 hour! Super long lasting, lightweight, oil-free, oil-control, buildable. This comes in a variety of cool, neutral, and warm shades so no worries on finding your match. Double wear is a very pigmented foundation, therefore it does not give off the “no-makeup”makeup look. A transfer resistant foundation, this stuff is bulletproof and stays put on under your bronzer/blush/highlighter.
Cons: Although it claims it is fragrance-free, we smell a pleasant perfume scent, so sensitive skinned girls beware. Its SPF 10 may unfortunately flashback in photos. In addition, this foundation can get patchy on drier skin types so be sure to exfoliate, moisturize, and prime accordingly. No pump + glass bottle= not travel friendly.
Details: Dries quickly so you’ll need to work fast. Will get cakey if you apply too much. Most of you will only need one layer so start due to its buildable coverage. It can be difficult to remove so try an oil-based makeup remover. Double Wear can be found at any Sephora or Estee Lauder counter.
Overall: We recommend Double Wear Foundation for combination/oily skin types because the oil-control is great! Great in humidity and sweat. Although it is a bit pricey, this will last you forever because you don’t need to use as much product with higher pigmented foundations. A must have for summer!
Large pores are a consistent skin concern for individuals of all ethnicity’s and skin types. Oily skin types and mature skin with large follicles are more prone to enlarged pores which in turn can create clogging and a build up of cells. We’re constantly hearing our brides say “My pores are huge!” So, you ask, what is the solution?! We know you will want your skin to look extra perfect for your wedding day so luckily, the Beauty with Julie girls have put together 4 pore refining primers to help minimize the look of pores.
- Dr. Brandt’s pores no more-pore refiner primer: An effective primer that instantly mattifies shine and minimizes pores. A cult favorite, this is Dr. Brandt’s quick fix for flawless, photo-ready skin at any age and during any season. A combination of treatment and cosmetic properties, this miracle base creates the perfect canvas for your makeup application. This velvety primer absorbs excess oil, blurs fine lines and imperfections, and is resistant to sweat and humidity.
- Benefit’s The POREfessional: This very popular primer helps makeup stay put as well as minimizing pores. Perfect for for those “no-makeup” days because it can even be worn on its own! Its translucent/nude color easily blends onto the skin.
- Maybelline’s Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser: This is a drugstore steal! At only $6.99 it helps foundation smooth right over pores, not in them. It has a silicone consistency so it’s silky to the touch. This primer is clear and can be worn on its own or under makeup
- Tarte’s Clean Slate Poreless 12-hr Perfecting Primer: This waterproof, pore-perfecting primer consists of avocado oil which helps refine skin. Apply before underneath makeup for flawless bridal perfection.
Worried you’ll ruin your makeup from all the teary-eyed moments on your wedding day? The Beauty with Julie girls have put together some products for staying smudge-proof on your special day!
Makeup Forever has its own Aqua line which features an array of waterproof products:
- Aqua Cream Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow– With an eyeshadow primer underneath, use this for your base with another eyeshadow on top and your eye makeup is completely cry-proof!
- Aqua Creamliner Waterproof Cream Eyeliner– We prefer cream or gel liners because they’re easier to work with. Available in many different shades so maybe you’ll dare to wear turquoise eyeliner knowing it wont move!
- Aqua Lip Waterproof Lip Liner Pencil– Perfect your pout by lining the lips and filling them in. Kiss your hubby all night assured your lip color will stay put!
- Aqua Smokey Extravagant Waterproof Mascara– This is a must have! Lashes stay full yet defined and won’t run down your face when you say your I’Dos!
Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer– Yes, we know it is appropriate to wear waterproof eye makeup for our special day, but what do we use for the under eye area? This creamy, color correcting concealer will banish those dark circles and stay crease free all night long!
Revlon Colorstay Foundation– Although it is not advertised as a waterproof foundation, we’ve worn this in a pool and it didn’t budge! Just be sure to apply it in thin layers since it is a thicker, more pigmented formula. There are an array of shades for every skin tone and it even caters to normal/dry and combo/oily skins types.
Hope this helps you gorgeous ladies stay streak free on your wedding day! Xo
Deanna and her bridal party sported these rockin’ cowboy boots down the aisle! The girls’ American spirit glowed as they stood by Deanna while she married the love of her life, Juan! I met Deanna in March of 2014, when she came to me for her bridal make-up trial. I have had the pleasure of working with Deanna and her family for some time now! I really can’t say enough great things about Deanna’s wonderful family, and this dream outdoor rustic barn wedding they created for their sweet daughter. It was a pleasure sharing Deanna and Juan’s special day with them. Congratulations you two!!
Images by the talented Louis Torres Photography
Click here to visit more photos from this beautiful day!